Our Chronicle "75 years of capacitor production"
On 24th November, 1938, Berlin-based SIEMENS & HALSKE AG rented the premises of a former Shoe factory and launched capacitor production in Gera. Despite nearly complete dismantling after the war, the nationalized VEB RFT Kondensatorenwerk Gera soon rose again to become the leading capacitor maker of the entire Eastern bloc. Renamed VEB Elektronik Gera later on, it soon turned into the town’s largest industrial enterprise which coined the industrial structure of the entire Eastern Thuringian region. After painful cuts and changes during the turbulences of German re-unification, the winding capacitor production department managed to separate in 1992 for another re-start and rise to international importance. The chronicle which comes with numerous photos and facts unpublished before is dedicated to this changeful chapter of Eastern Thuringian industrial history.